There are 48 states in the continental United States. Some of them have borders that make a lot of sense, like Illinois which is flanked by rivers. But what about Michigan, Rhode Island, and so many others? We talk to writer Mark Stein about the borders that we’ve come to take for granted.
- Mark Stein, author of How the States Got Their Shapes
Links for more information:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)