Sexual offenders have to live by a very particular set of rules. They can’t live near playgrounds, they’re on a registry for life. These rules exist to make everyone safer. But they also can limit a reformed criminal’s ability to reintegrate into everyday life and be productive members of society.
- Monica Williams, Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice at Weber State University and author, The Sex Offender Housing Dilemma: Community activism, safety, and social justice
Links for more information:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)