In most states, construction is deemed an essential service during the COVID-19 pandemic. With roadways fairly clear and schools temporarily closed, crews are getting to work while still adhering to social distancing rules. In effect, construction spending was up 4.7 percent in March 2020 compared to March 2019. Viewpoints speaks with two people working within the industry in different capacities to get an inside view on job opportunities as well as current challenges facing the sector.
- Paul Robinson, CEO & Founder, ConstructReach
- Jocelyn Lipscomb, Carpenter
Links for more information:
- Census.gov: Monthly Construction Spending, March 2020
- Skanska Construction
- Resource: Careers In Construction
- Laborers’ International Union of North America – LiUNA.org