The 2020 school year feels a bit different for the millions of students ‘back to school’ in whatever form that may be. We speak with two child development experts, Dr. Irene Koolwijk and Lindsay Jones, about some of the available resources and methods that parents can use to keep their young ones on track.
- Dr. Irene Koolwijk, developmental behavioral pediatrician, UCLA Medical Center
- Lindsay Jones, president & CEO, National Center for Learning Disabilities
Links for more information:
- Vox Media: ‘We need to talk about what school closures mean for kids with disabilities‘
- National Center for Learning Disabilities – Child Development Resources: LD Checklist
- U.S. Department of Education: Early Learning Guidelines