How will COVID-19 alter the college admissions process? Will more students stay close to home? Will those nail-biting standardized tests be a thing of the past? To better understand the process as a whole, journalist Jeffrey Selingo spent a year embedded in three college admissions offices and joins Viewpoints this week to share what he learned and what parents can do to help their teens through the process.
- Jeffrey Selingo, higher education journalist, author, Who Gets In and Why: A Year Inside College Admissions
Links for more information:
- The Princeton Review: College Admissions Guide: Process and Prep
- Business Insider: This essay got a high-school senior into 5 Ivy League schools and Stanford
- CNBC: The UC System plans to phase out the SAT and ACT—and other schools may follow suit
- New York Times: The Coronavirus May Change College Admissions Forever