Over the last two decades, Arctic melt has increased by about 60 percent. It’s estimated that if all of the glaciers and ice caps were to disappear into the ocean, sea level would rise by 230 feet wiping out all of the coastal cities and town around the world. Journalist and author, Andrea Pitzer shares the history of Arctic exploration and some of the urgent challenges the landscape is facing today.
- Andrea Pitzer, journalist, author, Icebound: Shipwrecked at the Edge of the World.
Links for more information:
- The Guardian: The Arctic is in a death spiral. How much longer will it exist?
- Arctic Sea Ice News & Analysis.
- The Guardian: Heating Arctic may be to blame for snowstorms in Texas, scientists argue.
- Amazon: Icebound: Shipwrecked at the Edge of the World.