New York is the latest to legalize recreational marijuana. The move creates thousands of new jobs and is expected to generate billions of dollars in revenue after a lackluster year for the state in tourism, real estate and business. And New York isn’t alone. Each year, more states are voting to allow both adult-use and medical marijuana sales. But, with this, comes challenges. In a fast-growing industry, how do you make sure that smaller entrepreneurs aren’t left behind? Or those who’ve been systemically affected by the war on cannabis are given more opportunity to enter the market?
- David Wunderlich, senior attorney, Hoban Law Group.
- Demitri Downing, founder, executive director, Marijuana Industry Trade Association of Arizona.
Links for more information:
- MITA Webinar: Social Equity Mentorship: Marijuana, Wellness and Encouraging Responsible Use.
- FlowHub: Cannabis Industry Statistics 2021.
- Intrado: U.S. Legal Cannabis Market Projected to Double to $41.5B by 2025.