Rental and home prices across the country are skyrocketing. On average, rental prices have risen by 16 percent this year. In some cities, people are seeing as high as 30 percent increases on monthly rent. For middle and low-income citizens already on a tight budget, it’s impossible to make ends meet – especially as prices for food, gas and other basics keep ticking upwards. We speak with two housing experts about the complete lack of affordable housing in this country and the worsening homelessness epidemic.
- Jaimie Ross, CEO, Florida Housing Coalition.
- Andrew Ross, professor, social & cultural analysis, New York University, and author of Sunbelt Blues: The Failure of American Housing.
Links for Additional Info:
- Nonfiction Book Review: Sunbelt Blues: Failure of American Housing by Andrew Ross. Metropolitan, (288p) ISBN 978-1-250-80422-8
- Professor Andrew Ross – NYU Faculty webpage
- More about the Florida Housing Coalition
- Out of Reach 2021 – National Low Income Housing Coalition
- Legislative Action Center – National Low Income Housing Coalition
- Find Affordable Rental Housing – USA.gov