The cryptocurrency that started it all, Bitcoin, is now valued at around 1.6 trillion dollars. And in just the last month, another, newer form of crypto, Dogecoin has skyrocketed in popularity across the Internet, sharply driving up the price per token. We explore the fascinating and fast-evolving world of cryptocurrency and the future of traditional financial systems as digital currency gains ground across the globe.
- Dr. David Yermack, professor, finance, NYU Stern School of Business.
Links for Additional Info:
- NYU Stern: Dr. David L. Yermack
- Harvard Business Review: How Much Energy Does Bitcoin Actually Consume?
- Buy And Sell Crypto: CoinBase
- CNN Business: Want to invest in crypto? Here’s what you need to know
- Market Watch: Why is dogecoin’s price spiking—again? The crypto has surged 14,000% in 2021