It seems like almost everyone is heading to the airport these days. Whether you’re flying, driving or hopping on a train, vacations are a highly anticipated time to get away and recharge. Everyone deserves relaxation, but is there a way to ensure that you’re traveling consciously? Are you booking excursions with local, independent companies? Supporting small shops? Does the place you’re staying at or traveling with use sustainable practices?
- Maile Meyer, Hawaii resident, owner, Native Books
- Brian Mullis, sustainable tourism expert.
Links for more information:
- The World Counts: Consumption Challenges.
- Fortune Business: How eco-travelers are fueling hotel industry’s sustainability drive.
- Viator: A Platform for Booking Local Companies Wherever You Are.
- Pu‘uhonua Society: local arts & cultural organization in Hawaii.