Navigating back to school this year has been challenging to say the least. With switching policies and protocols, everyone is just trying to get through these first few months one day at a time. Viewpoints speaks with two education experts about the biggest barriers to learning and what modern online education can really offer students.
- Justin Reich, assistant professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, director of MIT Teaching Systems Lab, and author of Failure to Disrupt: Why Technology Alone Can’t Transform Education.
- Dr. Sanjay Sarma, professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, vice president of Open Learning at MIT, and co-author of Grasp: The Science Transforming How We Learn.
Links for more info:
- PBS: Bring the World to Your Classroom
- Online supplemental courses: Khan Academy & Coursera
- We Are Teachers: 350+ Amazing Online Learning Resources
- Justin Reich Twitter: @bjfr
- MIT Teaching Systems Lab
- MIT Open Learning
Leave a Reply