Today, there are close to 11 million vacant jobs in the U.S. – a record-breaking number. Why are more Americans not filling these positions? How is this affecting businesses? What will eventually happen if these jobs go unfilled? We explore these questions and more this week as we’re joined by hospitality entrepreneur, Ravindra Jayara, and senior labor economist, Dr. Abigail Wozniak.
- Dr. Abigail Wozniak, senior labor economist, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, director, Opportunity and Inclusive Growth Institute.
- Ravindra Jayara, owner, Chic Chef Catering.
Links for Additional Info:
- Abigail Wozniak – minneapolisfed.org
- Chic Chef Catering | Catering in Chicago, Wisconsin & Indiana
- Industries at a Glance: Leisure and Hospitality
- ‘4.3 Million Workers Are Missing. Where Did They Go?’ – Wall Street Journal
- ‘Why the labor shortage may go on for much longer’ – marketplace.org