Physician burnout is still a very real problem in the U.S. – and the pandemic has only exacerbated these feelings in some of the hardest hit hospitals across the country. We speak with Dr. Greg Hammer at Stanford University about the pandemic’s lasting effects on mental health and systems that have been created to better support people working in medicine or in medical school.
- Dr. Greg Hammer, pediatric intensive care physician, anesthesiologist, professor, Stanford University School of Medicine.
Links for Additional Info:
- AMA: How the Last Year Has Forced Rethinking on Physician Burnout.
- Psychology Today: Find A Therapist.
- Medscape: Medscape National Physician Burnout & Suicide Report 2020: The Generational Divide.
- Gain Without Pain: The Happiness Handbook for Health Care Professionals by Dr. Greg Hammer.
- Suicide Prevention Hotline.