The FDA is a massive organization that handles a wide variety of regulations and responsibilities. However, some critics argue that the FDA has failed to evolve with the times, spending large amounts of resources on dated measures and messaging tactics. Former FDA employee Dr. Richard Williams joins us this week to highlight some of these issues within food messaging and nutrition guidelines.
- Dr. Richard Williams, former director, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, FDA, author, Fixing Food: An FDA Insider Unravels the Myths and Solutions.
Links for Additional Info:
- What We Do – U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- ‘FDA renegade exposing the truth behind regulation’ – richardawilliams.com
- The New Nutrition Facts Label: What’s in it for You? education campaign- FDA
- Fixing Food by Richard A. Williams, PhD