In 2020, nearly 40 million Americans lived in food-insecure households. With food prices rising across the country, food insecurity is only set to worsen, disproportionately affecting minority populations. How can people help? What are other resources available to those in need? Two experts on food insecurity join us this week to help breakdown the modern hunger crisis.
- Dr. Priya Fielding-Singh, sociologist, assistant professor, Department of Family and Consumer Studies, University of Utah, author, How the Other Half Eats.
- Zuani Villarreal, director, communication, Feeding America.
Links for Additional Info:
- Take Action – Help support Feeding America’s initiatives
- USDA Economic Research Service | Food Price Outlook, 2021 – Summary findings
- New York Times – “Higher Food Prices Hit the Poor and Those Who Help Them”
- Priya Fielding-Singh, Ph.D.
- How the Other Half Eats: The Untold Story of Food and Inequality in America