The rise and fall of the now defunct blood-testing company Theranos has captivated the attention of millions and exposed the dark side of the startup culture in Silicon Valley. Elizabeth Holmes, founder and CEO of Theranos, is awaiting trial next summer, facing 11 felony charges for allegedly defrauding the public. We speak with Stanford professor Dr. Phyllis Gardner who doubted Holmes from the very beginning.
- Dr. Phyllis Gardner, Professor of Medicine – Clinical Pharmacology at Stanford University.
Links for Additional Info:
- Dr. Phyllis Gardner – Stanford University Profile
- Executive Profile of Phyllis I. Gardner – Scientific Advisor, KBL Merger Corp. IV
- The Inventor Out for Blood in Silicon Valley – HBO Documentary about Theranos & Elizabeth Holmes
- “Hot Startup Theranos Has Struggled With Its Blood-Test Technology” – The Wall Street Journal